Tips for Moving Your Personal and Professional Life Online
Interviewed by Dennise Williams from Financially Focused on YouTube LIVE!
I shared some ideas on a wide range of topics that relate to moving your professional and personal life online as a way to overcome the economic challenges of COVID 19
We took the time to put some notes below:
How much of your professional life can you move online?
- How creative can you be with that professional life?
- How do you look to yourself as a professional and what you are doing
- What can you do online?
- Solve what problems people are having right now
Here are some examples of businesses that can “shift” during this time.
- People still want to order things.
- What are your options for delivery/takeout/pickups
- Do online meetings/consultations.
- Make your office virtual.
- Learn an accounting software that you can use (ex: QuickBooks online)
- Go back to your clients and explain that you are now operating online.
Benefits of operating online
- Save on travel time
- People are more available
- Better weekly updates
- Better service
- Do delivery and pickup
- Promote your restaurant on social media
- Offer meal kits
- Offer online cooking classes
- Write your recipe book
- Build your youtube and social media channels and monetize
- Get paid for being an influencer
- Be a virtual nanny
- Give kids fun activities and classes online.
Online Dating (Dating on Lockdown)
How do you date online?
- Be creative
- Send something (delivery) to complement each other or to just set your next activity
- Play games together online to be engaged
- Use technology to stay connected
- Schedule your time to be together online
Non-profit that wanted to give back:
- Board meeting: get your members through an online board meeting
- How can you help the frontliners?
- How can you help with online schooling?
- How can you help people right now?
- Compile videos/resources of your fundraising programs and send it online to encourage others to donate
- Focus fundraising: focus your donations to the covid19 crisis and let people know to whom you are sending their contributions.
- Tier the donations to what is on the mindset of people right now (what people are thinking and talking right now)
Social proof – any low-cost ways to build attention?
- SOCIAL MEDIA (all platforms or depends on your market)
- Get interviewed by other people and put it online.
- Look for different opportunities to put yourself out there.
- Solve problems for people and deliver value
How to get paid online
- Get a Payoneer account
- The currency of the internet is USD
What does a day look like for someone who has moved it’s business online?
- It depends if you have a team or if you hire someone to do things for you.
- It can be stressful at first.
- Childcare is the biggest challenge.
- The most important thing is, you have to have the initiative to structure your day where you know that you’re going to have to get your work done, over-deliver to your clients, then take meaningful breaks, exercise, really set your schedule to be most efficient for what you need to get done.